View All Apple JobsApple
Are you ready to explore a new technology and product space with a hardworking and collaborative team? Apple’s Technology Development Group is seeking developers skilled in building high performance interactive 3D simulation software. This team is building the core foundational platform for some of Apple’s most advanced technologies including the augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) support offered in ARKit and Metal 2. As a member of our creative organization, you will have a uniquely rewarding opportunity to craft future products that will delight and inspire millions of people every single day.
You will have the opportunity to work in a team that builds frameworks, tools and cloud infrastructure to enable new interactive experiences.The role will be focused on developing performance critical 3D content frameworks to support 1st and 3rd party applications.
- Contribute to design, software architecture and product planning.
- Research and build innovative 3D content systems, possibly across multiple devices and in the cloud.
- Help develop tools and applications using our frameworks.
- Engineer for performance. Optimize the software at all levels to hit performance targets.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Deep understanding of software algorithms, data structures and hardware architecture.
- Proficient in C++, strong software engineering and debugging skills
- Experience engineering systems for performance and optimization of software stack.
- Proficient in 3D math
- Ability to work collaboratively to improve architecture and code
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A