View All Apple JobsApple
The Audio Product Acoustics team is responsible for the acoustic performance of the EarPod, AirPod and HomePod product lines as well as the design of many of Apple’s hearing health features. We are motivated to share our love of audio so that anyone can be moved by sound the way that we are. We are a diverse team having expertise in acoustic design and integration, algorithm prototyping, critical listening and hearing science. We work daily with cross-functional teams to find innovative solutions to complex engineering issues. We are searching for a Hearing Scientist to join our team to help take our hearing health features and AirPod product line to the next level in the growing Hearable market.
You will be working with a team of passionate hearing scientists, technologists and engineers prototyping and evaluating new audio technologies and products. Your role will be driving key hearing science research studies to intersect and inform product development decisions. The role involves hands on experimentation, data analysis as well as lab research and state of the art journal reviews. As part of our team, you will work collaboratively with cross-functional teams (software, hardware integration, user interaction, health, etc).
- Most of our team members have advanced degrees in Acoustics, Audiology, Physics, Hearing Science or an equivalent field, but if you’ve followed a different path we still want to hear from you.
- Experience designing and executing complex hearing related user studies
- Learning attitude with a keen attention to detail
- Ability to analyze large datasets preferred (E.g. Matlab, Python, Jupyter)
- Ability to design and prototype hearing related algorithms
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Deep understanding of hearing science and psychoacoustics
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Santa Maria, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A