View All Apple JobsApple
Do you have a passion for invention and self-challenge? Do you thrive on pushing the limits of what’s considered feasible? As part of an extraordinary modem team, you’ll craft sophisticated leading-edge embedded firmware that deliver more performance in our products than ever before. You’ll work across subject areas to transform improved hardware elements into a single, integrated design. Join us, and you’ll help us innovate new wireless systems technologies that continually outperform the previous iterations! By collaborating with other product development groups across Apple, you’ll push the industry boundaries of what wireless systems can do and improve the product experience for our customers across the world! As a 5G/4G Cellular Physical Layer Firmware Engineer on this team, you will be at the center of the embedded 5G/4G/multimode cellular firmware effort within a silicon design group responsible for designing and productizing state-of-the-art cellular SoCs. We are looking for someone comfortable with all aspects of embedded software development, who thrives in a dynamic cross-functional organization, is not afraid to debate ideas openly, and is flexible enough to pivot on constantly evolving requirements.
- Work with silicon designers to define HW interfaces, processors, bus, DMA, accelerator, and memory subsystems.
- Implement key 3GPP protocols and control/data path processing algorithms with very tight time, latency and energy budgets by interfacing to specialized cellular ASIC hardware. Examples of processing include 3GPP channels and procedures such as: a) PDCCH, PDSCH, PBCH b)
- PUCCH, PUSCH, PRACH c) UL/DL HARQ d) Tracking loops
- Evaluate and implement leading edge tools for build, formal verification and test.
- Define methodologies and best practices.
- Specify, design, and implement the firmware architecture of a state-of-the-art mobile wireless communications system.
- Assist in the development of pre-silicon emulation systems/virtual platforms and use them for pre-silicon FW design and HW verification.
- We are looking for candidates with good fundamentals of signal processing and digital communications
- Experience with silicon prototyping, emulation systems, and virtual platforms.
- Understanding of 5G and 4G 3GPP protocols.
- We are looking for candidates with deep understanding of software engineering principles, and core computer science fundamentals.
- Working knowledge of computer architecture with particular emphasis on the HW/SW interfaces of high speed communication subsystems.
- Significant experience with memory constrained Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS) and concurrent programming.
- Fundamental facility with C and C++, compilers, build and source code control tools
- Experience with hardware control for physical layer 4G/5G data path processing
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Application Deadline: N/A