View All Apple JobsApple
Apple’s IS&T team is looking for a talented leader in software engineering that requires great technical acumen, self-drive, attention to detail, comfort with pulling up the sleeves to get hands-on, and excellent verbal & written communication skills. We are looking for a strong background in development, implementation and operational experience is required for this leadership role. A proven track record with managing, motivating and providing technical guidance to a team of software engineers to draw out their best work will be key to success. Ensuring quality in every deliverable, creative thinking, strong problem solving, and the ability to collaborate with other cross-functional teams in a fast paced environment will be important attributes to succeed in this role.
As a Leader, we seek your contributions in building, developing, and retaining a high-performing team of software engineers and create an environment where they can thrive and succeed. You act as a visible role model for your team when it comes to getting things done, meeting, and exceeding expectations. We look forward to your skills in relationship management and partnership are top-notch as this role requires working with management, developers, quality engineers, EPMs and SREs who take pride in building outstanding scalable solutions.
While the primary role is leading/managing employees, you should have deep technical knowledge on distributed systems and cloud computing, platform as a service, microservices architecture, and can quickly understand and respond to peer teams’ needs. It is also expected that you have strong experience working with short release cycles, do not hesitate to code, and actively participate in design and code reviews.
- Solid Experience working with Java and related technologies
- Experience with designing and developing iOS application is preferred.
- Represent the team and remove hurdles to enable each team member to operate at the highest level of efficiency and productivity
- Ability to design large-scale applications with excellent run-time characteristics such as low-latency, fault-tolerance and availability
- Ability to make right trade-off choices when dealing with functional complexity, conflicting priorities and aggressive schedules
- 12+ years management experience in software engineering.
- 5+ years of experience managing engineering teams
- Experience working on projects using Agile methodologies like Scrum
- Strong experience in delivering user interfacing and business critical applications that are scaleable and highly available.
- Ability to communicate with large cross-functional teams about various engineering topics such as system architecture, detailed design, APIs, project schedules etc.
- Experience with and a thorough understanding of event stream processing and search solutions (Kafka, Solr, Elastic etc)
- Experience with building and running micro services in a polyglot environment.
- Ability to review designs and code, provide actionable feedback, and the detail orientation to follow-up on all technical topics
- Good knowledge of Cloud native and related technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- A strong understanding of database design, and experience with SQL databases like Oracle and NoSQL databases like Mongo
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Application Deadline: N/A