View All Apple JobsApple
The new hire will lead all aspects of new product development and product launch within Operations in Asia and is directly accountable for the results. Responsibilities include achieving goals for time to market, cost, quality, product availability and order cycle time. The New Product Manager in region is the primary leader and interface between Operations, Product Design, Engineering in Cupertino.
- Operate in an ambiguous environment, taking charge in the absence of leadership. The ideal candidate will have a BS degree.
- Current knowledge of world class supply chain management practices.
- Ability to think strategically, while driving tactical program execution.
- Incredible drive, motivation, and energy to completing any challenge given.
- Track record achieving significant results on sophisticated projects in a often ambiguous and always constantly evolving environment.
- Attention to detail without becoming lost in the details.
- Exceptional ability to build relationships, build cross-functional teams and exert effective influence in a matrix organization.
- Have rich experience in dealing with volumes, consumer electronic manufacturing technologies (preferred) in the areas of design, process, commodity cost, factory cost, supply and quality management.
- Strong analytical capabilities coupled with good business savvy. – Outstanding communication skills.
- Provide solutions to challenges.
- Identify, marshall and coordinate resources (Apple Staff, OEM Staff, Contractors, etc) to meet required goals.
- Communicate project status updates to various project partners, including team members and executives within Apple and OEMs. Synthesize a multitude of issues into a clear, concise and focused message. Present with confidence and brevity.
- Engage with OEM manufacturing partners to develop, ramp, and introduce products. Develop rapport with partners and detailed knowledge of “how the factory works,” its capabilities and limitations.
- Lead matrix team members from across all functions in Asia within Operations to develop new product plans. Typical functions include WW
- Planning, Global Supply Managers, Technical Program Manager, Quality, Supplier Quality Engineer, Test Engineer, Design For Manufacturing.
- Lead Apple team’s new product introduction efforts during ramp within the Operations sphere. Specific goals include team leadership in driving issue resolution, supply chain design, schedule, cost, quality, availability and order cycle time goals.
- Represent operations with the product design teams. Use production expertise to influence and negotiate for DFX, supply chain, testability, product features.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Application Deadline: N/A