View All Avis Budget Group JobsAvis Budget Group
The Finance Director provides forward looking financial leadership and developing and implementing robust procedures that create accurate, timely, and relevant financial statements, measurements, forecasts, plans, and business analysis.
The Finance Director will work closely with the Area Vice President, operations and fleet teams and provide financial reporting and analysis to be used for strategic decision making and drive improved profitability and financial results. Additionally, a leader in this role will prepare appropriate cost benefit analysis, ensuring adequate return on investment, and approving all major area operations expenditures. Lastly the role will have oversight over the month end closing process including review of North East Area and location level financial results.
- Monitors month end closing process, reviewing monthly account analysis and ascertaining adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Develops annual domestic operating budgets for area, updates forecasts for direct costs, tracks head counts, and reports monthly variances to senior management
- Leverages financial expertise and robust business acumen to provide comprehensive decision support. Actively contributes to the creation of strategic and tactical plans
- Prepares numerous segment revenue analysis on a monthly basis utilized by all levels of the organization to monitor business performance (segmentation analysis, dashboard reports, etc.)
- Finalize the monthly management financial reporting package including key financial metrics and performance indicators
- Lead the annual business planning process for the Region and the monthly forecasting process and prepare and present the standard forecast deck during the monthly review meetings (Manage month-end close for the Region insuring that all expenses are properly recorded to the correct location/business entity)
- Translate operational metrics into financial impact to help business prioritize business issues
- Designs and creates actionable presentations that effectively communicate key financial and operational messages. Understands the importance of both the content being presented as well as the way it is visually shown
- Provides meaningful variance analysis comparing financial results with all relevant comparison points. Provides business narrative to bring the figures to life and drive action. Executes insightful scenario planning and sensitivity analytics.
- Prepares appropriate cost benefit analysis, ensuring adequate return on investment, and approving all major area operations expenditures
- Directs staff on various monthly and quarterly ad-hoc reports and annual plan
- Drive FP&A excellence and be viewed as a strategic partner and expert on financial matters providing guidance and assistance to the Area Vice
- President, Regional Managers and all corporate leaders
- Evaluates new growth and profit initiatives for the organization
- Excellent time management, planning, decision-making, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated hands-on management of the data/systems/modeling/etc. of the FP&A function and proven experience being a change agent in implementing company-wide technology and process change within the FP&A function
- Strong knowledge of general ledger/financial systems (Oracle, Hyperion, Essbase) as well as data warehouse systems (Brio)
- High aptitude and enthusiasm for complex problem solving utilizing financial modeling and analysis, including advanced excel skills managing large data sets, ERP experience, and best-in-class FP&A systems including Hyperion and others
- Progressive financial modeling and analytical skills with a high attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and act with a sense of urgency
- Solid PC skills including knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Self-motivated and able to contribute individually as well as part of a team
- Undergraduate degree required, preferred majors: accounting, business, finance, and/or economics. MBA preferred, not required
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization
- At least 10 years of total business experience with a minimum of 6+ years FP&A specific experience in highly transactional industries such as travel related companies (airlines, hotels, etc.), credit card, retail, etc. Must possess strong knowledge and solid understanding of financial accounting, modeling and analysis
- Current or previous direct management of a FP&A function is preferred. Demonstrated experience handling complex modeling and analysis and accomplishments driving continuous improvements.
- Exhibits a great sense of initiative, being able to effectively manage one owns time, as well as, the time spent by the department.
Company: Avis Budget Group
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dania, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A