Barclays Internal Audit (BIA) aims to provide independent, reliable, valued, insightful and timely assurance to the Board and executive management over the effectiveness of governance, risk management and control over current and evolving risks, in the context of the current and expected business environment and in accordance with the international standards definition of internal auditing.
- Complete testing, including regulatory, on time with high quality results
- Provide suggestions to management for actions to address control issues identified.
- Execute Retail Credit Risk audit plan, perform design effectiveness and operating effectiveness audit testing and complete work paper documentation timely
- Proactively take on additional tasks as requested by Vice Presidents/Directors/Managing Directors.
- Support the Vice President in scoping the audit where necessary.
- Evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of controls & document this understanding in the BIA audit toolkit.
- Identify, assess & document risks and controls.
- Monitor and assess the Retail Credit Risk environment through the continuous business monitoring engagement.
- Update the Vice President and audit team with progress and observations.
- Support with Data Analytic
- Apply agile methodology and data analytics in audit and audit projects
- Write high quality audit observations and support the Audit Lead in writing the report.
- Suggest practical ways of improving the work they do and apply where appropriate.
Qualification & Experience:
- Prior Audit or Loan review professional experience desirable
- Working knowledge of SQL/SAS or Python or other programming language used in data analytics
- Strong understanding of Major Bank Retail Credit Risk management related processes (Acquisitions, Portfolio Management, Collections, Reserves, etc.);
- Excellent communication skills, ability to communicate effectively to senior risk management (both technical and non-technical);
- Good understanding of the evolving regulatory environment;
- Strong risk and control understanding;
- Undergraduate degree and/or Industry qualifications (e.g. CIA, CFA, FRM, CPA, CISA, etc.)
- 7+ years’ experience with 4+ working in Retail Credit Risk, or Credit Risk analyst or data analytics associate or other responsibilities with a Credit Risk function.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Philadelphia, PA, US
Application Deadline: N/A