View All Best Buy Jobs Best Buy
- The infrastructure Compute team is responsible for supporting and developing Best Buy’s IT server infrastructure, including both operational and project responsibilities. Reporting to the Technical Lead, you will implement best practice solutions and use your expert knowledge of Citrix infrastructure to create new and/or improve existing processes, designs and services. You will have the opportunity to work with the team on complex technical problems and implement and document solutions to unique business needs as you manage and support our enterprise scale Citrix server infrastructure. With an emphasis on oversight and improvement of a diverse array of services you will be part of a team that makes significant use of automation and monitoring tools as we undertake a wide variety of projects that deliver real quantifiable value to Best Buy Canada. You will work with team members on solutioning ideas for VMware, Nutanix, and Windows incidents.
- Act as a subject matter expert and strategic influence for Citrix, Virtualization, Wintel and Cloud technologies you will work with other stakeholders (internal and external) to design best of breed Citrix, VM and Cloud solutions.
- Using substantial technical knowledge, business acumen, and cross-functional and departmental exposure, you will take part in strategic management of the department.
- You will be a key influence in defining the department vision and mission and will work to improve and implement functional strategy.
- Problem resolution with an emphasis on automation of tasks, including but not limited to internal projects to maintain deployment, orchestration and monitoring systems as well as research, test and implement new systems and technologies.
- Solutions will be cross-departmental in nature and align with organization strategy.
- Training and mentoring, providing support and advice to members of the Platform team at large and the Wintel and Virtualization team in specific on how to better leverage our Virtualization and Cloud platforms. Presentations to both department internal (technical) audiences as well as to less technical BBYC staff audiences.
- Contribute clear and concise technical documentation as well as standard operating practice documents (SOP’s) to the infrastructure platform body of knowledge, and to work with team members to educate new processes.
- Project work as directed by business requirements, serving as a technical lead and taking part in project meetings and providing technical expertise and leadership on matters relating to Citrix, Virtualization and Wintel infrastructure requirements and best practices, producing technical documents and implementing project requirements.
Qualification & Experience:
- Expert within Nutanix
- PKI & enterprise certificate management
- 3+ years of enterprise V Sphere administration
- Expert XenApp, Xen Desktop, Citrix, Net Scale experience
- Vm ware certified professional or equivalent experience
- Experience with multiple hypervisors (Xen, KVM, OVM, AHV etc.)
- Experience with cloud infrastructure and automation
- Expert v Sphere experience and expertise in Power CLI scripting
- HP server hardware, Net app, EMC, 3par storage and storage network
- 8+ years of enterprise Citric administration
- Experience building and supporting large scale web development and release environments.
- Experience running production 24/7/365 operational environments
- Citrix certified professional or equivalent experience
- Scripting in at least one language (BASH, perl, tcl, python, power shell, vb script, java script, etc)
- 5+ years implementing complex virtualized deployments including clustering, load balancing, HA and DR.
- Experience with multi-data center architectures
- ITILv3 Foundation or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience with formal change management procedures
- Azure certified professional or equivalent experience
- Experience with container technologies and orchestration layers (LXC, docker, kubernates, etc.)
Company: Best Buy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ontario, Ottawa, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A