View All Blue Cross Blue Shield Association JobsBlue Cross Blue Shield Association
Identifies and proactively develops BCBSA’s health information technology policy with focus on regulatory reforms including but not limited to interoperability and technology standards. Conducts policy analysis, development and drafting of BCBSA regulatory responses and supports legislative analysis both at federal and state levels. Supports BCBS Plan Advisory Group dedicated to health IT and ensures that the strategy implemented for specific policy is representative of BCBSA and Plan objectives. Accountable for policy research, synthesis and development of materials that advance BCBSA health IT policy objectives.
- PROVIDE EDUCATION/INFORMATION TO PLANS – Develops bill summaries, policy analysis and memos on key issues and BCBSA positions for use by Plans. Participate in BCBSA and Plan meetings to inform staff of key issues and actions taken by OPR staff.
- IDENTIFICATION/PRIORITIZATION OF ISSUES: Analyze, identify and prioritize key BCBSA business issues in Federal legislative, regulatory, and 3rd Party/Think Tank proposals. Collaborate with peers and others in BCBSA’s operations team to support synchronized efforts to assess current landscape, identify opportunities for engagement for BCBSA leadership, and assist with implementing a forward-thinking, comprehensive, coordinated, Health IT strategy. Determines and recommends the necessary policy strategy and legislative actions that should be executed to respond to policy issues.
- ADVOCACY SUPPORT – Develop written and oral communications that advance the objectives of OPR and BCBSA and provide relevant information and educational materials about legislative activities to member Plans, legislators and other interested parties. Works with lobbyists to ensure coordination of activities and the continual monitoring/assessment of issues, positions, and potential project needs.
- POLICY DEVELOPMENT: Develop, analyze and draft public comment responses and supporting materials for manager and OPR Leadership for policy approval by OPR’s workgroups and committees. Conduct policy research and synthesizes information to inform policy development process. Work with manager to assure Plan business issues are represented in BCBSA health IT policy positions.
- BA/BS, Masters in MPH, MHS, MA, MBA or related master’s degree
- Understanding and knowledge of the federal legislative and regulatory process
- 6 years of experience working with health information technology-related regulation and legislation
- Master’s Degree
- Experience developing and drafting policy analysis with focus on healthcare or health IT and related matters to
- Congress, government agencies and/or other legislative bodies
- Proven ability to structure research policy studies and formulate policy alternatives
Company: Blue Cross Blue Shield Association
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chattanooga, TN, US
Application Deadline: N/A