View All Blue Cross Blue Shield Association JobsBlue Cross Blue Shield Association
Responsible for the design, development and implementation of advanced technology systems and data standards to meet the needs of business and integrate system and evolving technologies. P artners with customers to define and elaborate business requirements to achieve full integration of software products and evolving technologies to balance multiple project priorities and business objectives.
- Responsible for providing weekly status, on time, to all stakeholders. Responsible for researching customer issues and escalating risks/issues appropriately and in a timely manner. Test and investigate issues to determine the appropriate resolution.
- Complete assigned responsibilities and prepare for team meetings Responsible for attending team meetings with attention to punctuality, and effective usage of time. Ensure timesheets are completed accurately and time is reported regularly with the proper allocation of time spent on projects.
- Participate in department standards/templates and skill development. Act professionally and foster positive relationships with other groups. Serve as a coach/mentor to department staff regarding how to develop and adopt department standards. Responsible for identifying/vocalizing areas for improvements, implementing process improvements and ensuring long term compliance. Contribute to the creation and maintenance of structured design methodologies and processes for the department.
- Validate and ensure business requirements are thorough, detailed, and concise . Ensure exceptions to the above are documented and approve by management.
- Responsible for all SA artifacts, per EPMP guidelines are developed, reviewed and signed off. Responsible for tagging System Use Cases in ReqPro. Ensure exceptions to the above are documented and approve by management.
- Provide support to business and serve as the SME for applications.
- Provide forecasts and detailed estimates for SA activities and artifacts.
- Strong team-oriented interpersonal and communication skills to cultivate positive working relationships
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related field, or equivalent work experience in similar work environment
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs
- Experience coaching junior technical staff
- Advanced analytical skills
- BCBS or health insurance industry background
- Experience as a team lead or member on project teams in a cross functional environment
- Minimum 7 years of IT work experience focused in systems development and programming
- Experience integrating components including COBOL, CICS, IMS, DB2, MQ, BPM/HIPAA validator such as Vitria, J2EE, WebSphere, Oracle, SQL, Cognos, Visual Basic, XML, Crystal, PeopleSoft, HTML, and/or MS Access
Company: Blue Cross Blue Shield Association
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Decatur, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A