View All Blue Cross Blue Shield Association JobsBlue Cross Blue Shield Association
The Cyber Defense Team is BCBSA’s first line of defense against attackers. We are passionate security professionals responsible for defending the privacy and security of the data entrusted to us by our members. We are responsible for handling all malicious activity on BCBSA’s networks. The Security Engineering and Assessment team exists within CyberDefense and is responsible for engineering solutions to protect BCBSA from threats and continually assesses BCBSA’s security posture.
- Build a continuous cloud assessment capability to enable the rapid identification and remediation of weaknesses and vulnerabilities.
- Collaborate with application vulnerability assessors to ensure applications are ready for production release.
- Collaborate with security architecture and other cloud stakeholders as part of the Cloud Center of Excellence to ensure cloud technologies are designed and implemented securely.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to cyber defense team members on cloud security, operations, and incident response.
- Lead the development and implementation of BCBSA’s cloud cyber defense capabilities with a focus on protection, detection, and response.
- Support the security architecture and application teams with developing controls and security monitoring for new products, tools, and processes.
- Perform manual and automated cloud configuration assessments to identify weaknesses in applications and shared services.
- Experience performing and automating cloud security activities such as threat detection and incident response using Python and/or other scripting languages.
- Experience assessing AWS environments for compliance with best practices.
- Experience acting in a security incident response role with responsibility of analyzing and responding to threats.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 8-10 years of AWS security engineering experience.
Company: Blue Cross Blue Shield Association
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Springfield, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A