Website BNSF Railway
The Management Trainee (MT) Program is specifically designed to develop leaders who will drive the future of our organization. This training program is approximately 6 months in length and includes both classroom and on-the-job training. You will gain experience in our Track, Engineering Services, Structures, Signal, Mechanical, Transportation, and Environmental departments. With challenging work, the desire to learn, and the ability to develop relationships, career opportunities are endless.
- Relocation will likely be required upon placement into permanent assignment
- The remaining time will be spent completing on-the-job field training conducted at assigned training location which will include instructor led and web-based training courses as well as numerous job shadows across multiple departments
- Provide FLS vacation relief and weekend coverage
- Management trainees will likely be placed in a Supervisor Engineering Support position (career progression after this is employee driven)-see below for more information on this position
- MTs will attend an initial 2-week orientation conducted at our company headquarters in Fort Worth, TX where trainees will learn about the BNSF culture, network with leaders of the company and receive leadership training
- This is not an exhaustive list of the position’s duties
- From Fort Worth, trainees will attend a 2-week technical and personnel training conducted at our Technical Training Center (TTC) in Overland Park, KS where trainees will learn about operations and field safety
- The management trainee program is an intensive training program that lasts approximately 6 months
- Provide various administrative support functions to the Engineering First Line Supervisor (FLS) including, but not limited to: management of scheduled manpower activity, capital plan coordination and oversight, material management, claims management, re-collectible activity management, safety management, equipment and vehicle fleet management
- Accurately process and code all invoices within 15 days of receipt and produce accurate reports of cost, vehicle, safety and flag exceptions for the FLS within timeframe required by each report
- Demonstrate leadership skills
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Demonstrate ability to complete tasks regardless of obstacles
- Express ideas and information in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to relocate within the BNSF Railway operating system to start and/or upon career progression and/or business need.
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing task priorities and work situations
- Recognize and respond effectively to unexpected situations and tight deadlines
Company: BNSF Railway
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Albuquerque, NM, US
Application Deadline: N/A