View All Bob Evans JobsBob Evans Restaurants
This position is responsible for ensuring all guests feel welcome, special and appreciated by “treating strangers like friends and friends like family”.
- Shows guests they care, and ask them about their dining experience. Effectively handle guest complaints and involve manager at appropriate time.
- Practices safe food and beverage handling and clean up at all times and must be able to communicate and interact with guests, handle crowds and put guests at ease.
- Performs restroom checks, answers phones, keeps lobby area clean of debris, and keeping the general work area stocked and cleaned.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Clears, sanitizes and sets tables as needed.
- Conveys the appropriate number of menus, kid packs if needed when seating guests.
- Responsible for greeting guest in a friendly manner and escorting guests to tables. Monitors guests’ needs and the workflow of the restaurant and seats guests accordingly.
- Assist in marketing, promotional services and situational selling, such as communicating new promotions, products or marketing information to guest.
- Handles guest complaints with tact and professionalism, turning dissatisfied guests into raving fans.
- Handles cash and credit transactions; accurately accounts for all receivables including cash, credit cards, and gift cards.
- Manages a line by working with managers to quote accurate wait times.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Ability to identify and resolve issues as they arise.
- Computer skills (POS system).
- Great communication skills.
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Must have ability to accurately handle money, make change, process credit card transactions, and have strong menu knowledge.
- At least 16 years of age.
- 0-2 years related experience.
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent guest service skills and experience.
- Strong knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures in a restaurant.
Company: Bob Evans Restaurants
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Columbus, OH, US
Application Deadline: N/A