View All Books A Million JobsBooks A Million
The General Manager is responsible for the day to day operation of Books-A-Million stores as a Manager On Duty in conjunction with the management team to maximize sales and customer service. The General Manager also oversees the execution of all aspects of store operations by providing effective leadership, achieving maximum sales and profits, controlling budgetary expenses, and managing the store team through training and development.
- Based upon inventory findings, complete the café supply order.
- Motivate Baristas to Increase Limited Time Offer Goals, DC, Auto Renewals, Comp Sales, MFM, and the Level of Customer Service in the Café and Bookstore.
- Manage the flow of Preventative Maintenance tasks to be completed throughout the week to ensure completion.
- Maintain Cafe Conditions according to company standards at all times of the day.
- Provide exceptional and prompt Customer Service.
- Craft Joe Muggs Beverages according to our quality standards and ensure standards stay in place.
- Ensuring daily use of the Cafe Communication Binder.
- Maintain Visual Merchandising guidelines for all Café related merchandise.
- Complete the Weekly Inventory Sheet and submit the final document to your District Manager.
- Must be able to sit at a computer or desk for extended periods of time.
- Computer skills and cash register skills
- Previous Café experience preferred
- Must be able to lift objects up to 25 lbs. with or without assistance.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to communicate using speech, sight, and sound with or without assistive device.
- Must be able to stand, walk, stoop or crouch while performing daily activities of the job.
- Must be able to use hands/arms to operate keyboard, telephone and for repetitive motion activities.
Company: Books A Million
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Nashville, TN, US
Application Deadline: N/A