View All Books A Million JobsBooks A Million
Under the direction of the Café Manager, the barista performs a variety of tasks specific to the successful operation the Café following the prescribed guidelines for service.
- Stock and merchandise café in accordance with company policies and procedures, maintaining a straight, organized and clean shopping environment.
- During the majority of the shift, this is an independent position with back-up provided on an as-needed basis.
- Provide a clean workplace which includes following various cleaning checklists
- Assist the bookstore as needed.
- Operation of the Café equipment and prepare coffee, specialty drinks, ice cream, and baked and prepared goods.
- Balance cash drawer following each shift within allowable variances as identified in the Loss Prevention Policy.
- Perform preventative maintenance on all equipment weekly as outlined in the Communication Binder.
- Complete on-going, daily and weekly cleaning of food surfaces, machinery and utensils, and customer areas.
- Maintain a clean environment within local, state, and federal sanitation guidelines.
- Successfully promote all POS initiatives and company programs including, but not limited to promotional drinks, LTO items, discount cards, magazine sales, pre-sale vouchers, and donation programs.
- Greet customers entering the store and café and provide exceptional customer service on each transaction.
- Must be able to communicate using speech, sight, and sound with or without assistive device.
- Ability to learn and operate multiple café machines, including, but not limited to blenders, ovens, espresso machines, and cash registers.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to use hands/arms to operate machinery, telephone and for repetitive motion activities.
- Must be able to stand, walk, stoop, bend, twist, crouch, or reach while performing daily activities of the job.
- Cash handling skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to operate a computer or register.
- Must be able to lift/push objects up to 15 lbs. on a regular basis and up to 25 lbs. on a periodic basis with or without assistance.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
Company: Books A Million
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Charlotte, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A