View All Books A Million JobsBooks A Million
The Assistant General Manager manages the day to day operation of the store as Manager On-Duty in conjunction with the management team to maximize sales and customer service. The Assistant General Manager may also be responsible for one of the following categories: book, buyback, or media.
- Maintains category merchandising and cleanliness and ensures operational efficiency.
- Trains and develops Associates and Leads within category and facilitates cross training for further development.
- Facilitates effective communication to all store Associates through daily briefings and weekly and monthly meetings.
- Consults with the General Manager on associate performance
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maximizes profits and customer service by leading assigned category team and operating the store in adherence with all Company policy and guidelines
- Operates the store as the Manager On-Duty in conjunction with the management team.
- Ensures highest level of customer service and handles customer complaints to a satisfactory conclusion.
- Previous experience in a supervisor role
- Must be able to lift or team lift objects up to 50 lbs., with or without assistance.
- Must be able to use hands/arms to operate keyboard, telephone and for repetitive motion activities.
- Computer and cash register skills
- Team Management and Development
- 21 years of age or older
- High school diploma or equivalent, some college preferred
- Must be able to communicate using speech, sight, and sound with or without assistive device.
- Successful completion of all required background screenings
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Interpersonal Skills
- Must be able to stand, walk, climb, bend, stoop or crouch while performing daily activities of the job.
- Action Orientation
Company: Books A Million
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: St. Petersburg, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A