View All CarMax JobsCarMax
The bulk of the data engineer’s work would be in building, managing and optimizing data pipelines and then moving these data pipelines effectively into production for key data and analytics consumers (like business/data analysts, data scientists or any persona that needs curated data for operational and analytical data use cases.
Data engineers also need to guarantee compliance with data governance and data security requirements while creating, improving and operationalizing these integrated and reusable data pipelines. This would enable faster data access, integrated data reuse and vastly improved time-to-solution for CarMax’s operational and analytical initiatives
The Data Engineer will be responsible for understanding the business value requests and requirements provided by the Product Manager, and will use a technical, analytical and critical thinking skillset to develop ETL and Data Integration programs, and analyze data for the MDM team. Additionally, you will partner with integration partners to understand source system application data, and assist with reconciliation and remediation.
- Analyze and troubleshoot data integrations to identify and resolve missing or incorrect or inconsistent data due to ETL issues.
- Assist the team in performing analysis required for UAT testing and validation
- Assist the team with analysis required for post implementation testing, validation and monitoring
- Partner with Product Manager and Sr Analyst to understand business and functional requirements
- Develop ETL and data integration programs, using a variety of technologies, including Informatica, SQL and scripting
- Experience with Data Engineering in a cloud technology, preferably Azure
- Experience with agile methodologies
- Strong communication both written and verbal
- Extensive experience with hands on development of complex SQL programs to enable analysis of application data
- Extensive experience with ETL and data integration development using multiple tools, including Informatica and other technologies
- Extensive experience using DBMS technologies, including Teradata
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Petersburg, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A