View All CarMax JobsCarMax
Under limited supervision of the Business Office Manager, the Customer Specialist- Alternative Delivery provides exceptional customer service in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment through the completion of sales transactions, while working in multiple environments including both indoors, outdoors, and offsite (“home”) delivery of vehicles. The Customer Specialist- Alternative Delivery will also focus on the facilitation of paperwork and post-sale processing. The Customer Specialist-Alternative Delivery will also perform vehicle condition verifications and prepare the vehicles for delivery.
- Drive vehicles to and from various locations as requested by supervisor.
- Adhere to all CarMax policies and procedures.
- Adhere to the Customer Specialist- Alternative Delivery training timeline.
- Process paperwork associated with retail vehicle sales.
- Manage multiple payment types including receiving and counting money, distributing funds, preparing deposits and handling of the safe with considerations to security and asset protection.
- Conduct vehicle condition verification and convey results to Buyer or Senior Buyer for analysis
- Present appraisal offers to customers
- Perform cosmetic inspections and ensure that all vehicles meet CarMax Final Quality Standards.
- Prepare vehicles for delivery to customers.
- Provide customer service to customers by complying with CarMax procedures, including, but not limited to: processing Home Deliveries, listening to and answering customer questions and explaining paperwork process.
- Perform various Business Office tasks, including, but not limited to: Completing Express Pickups, delivering Sales paperwork, completing Appraisal Purchases, processing paperwork associated with the state DMV, processing titles and processing auction sales.
- Perform various administrative and clerical duties, including, but not limited to: Document copying, filing, payment management, reconciliation of missing dealer plates or information and data entry into Microsoft Excel and proprietary systems as required for logging vehicle registration tags.
- Facilitate the completion of Home Delivery sales transactions
- Present and/or confirm MaxCare and finance decisions
- Follow and execute strategies to achieve store’s sales budgets.
- Maintain a working knowledge of available financing options, titles and extended service policies.
- Interact with customers, other associates and team members to provide outstanding internal and external customer service.
- Adhere to all CarMax policies including, but not limited to, Attendance, Proper Recording of Time, Asset Protection, EH&S (Environmental,
- Health & Safety), and Standards of Professional Appearance.
- Flexible to work in an indoor/outdoor environment, ability to walk or stand for long periods of time and be able to work in any inclement weather for several hours.
- Meet or exceed CarMax guidelines for customer satisfaction.
- Flexible work hours with shifts that may include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Demonstrate exceptional communication skills and attention to detail
- Successful completion of all assessments.
- Flexibility to work at multiple locations and deliver vehicles offsite
- Demonstrate active listening skills.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license that meets the CarMax Driver Safety Points Evaluation System criteria, as explained in the CarMax Driver Safety Policy.
- Perform multiple duties in a high energy, fast-paced working environment.
- Lift objects that weigh as much as 25 lbs.
- Use miscellaneous computer programs, demonstrating intermediate PC skills.
- Read, interpret, and transcribe data in order to maintain accurate records.
- Complete all formats of job related training.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
Application Deadline: N/A