View All CarMax JobsCarMax
Under general supervision, performs general service repairs, brake repairs, 4-wheel alignments, repairs to steering and suspension, CQI inspections, and safety inspections.
- Required to have great attention to detail and have manual dexterity in both arms and hands
- Lift objects that weigh as much as 50 lbs.
- Provide outstanding customer service at all times.
- General repairs, brake diagnosis and repair, steering and suspension repairs including 4-wheel alignments, CQI’s, and safety inspections
- Maintain, repair, and clean special equipment
- Read, interpret and transcribe data in order to maintain accurate records.
- Supervise/Mentor Apprentice Technicians
- Speak clearly and listen effectively in dealing with customers/associates, both in person and over the phone.
- Successfully work with and through associates of other departments within the Store.
- Drive vehicles to and from various locations as requested by supervisor.
- Ensure that all vehicles meet CarMax Final Quality Standards.
- Required to perform multiple duties in a high-energy, fast-paced working environment
- ASE Certification in Brakes and Steering & Suspension
- Monitor shop compliance with CarMax, O.S.H.A., and EPA policies
- They are expected to wear CarMax clothing (acquired through the company) at all times while working in the store.
- Flexible work hours with shifts that may include nights, weekends, holidays and 12-hour days.
- Combination of both indoor and outdoor environment; May include working at times in noisy and/or inclement weather conditions.
- May require walking or standing for an extended time.
Vacancy Type: Temporary
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A