View All Checkers JobsCheckers & Rally’s
The Design Manager is a highly skilled position that is responsible for guiding both corporate and franchise projects thru the design and permitting process. The position includes developing site plans, kitchen floor plans, equipment schedules and exterior renderings for both company and franchise restaurants as well as coordinating with external architects and engineering teams to make sure that plans reflect current brand standards. In addition, the design manager will be responsible for working with the external architectural and engineering teams and the Checker’s CM’s on the company’s reimage program to review plans and coordinate the permitting process, to ensure timely receipts of permits.
- Works with outside architect and engineering firms to update prototypical plans
- Prepares interior dining room layouts with finish schedules based on the most current company standards
- Tracks timelines for all projects during the design and permitting periods
- Assists franchisees in selecting of Architecture & Engineering firms
- Prepares initial site plans for committee approvals
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Reviews Architecture & Engineering plans and coordinates with CM’s on plan review
- Prepares exterior renderings for conversion, in lines and end caps restaurants for both company and franchisees
- Assists construction team in value engineering current designs and/or sourcing alternative materials/products
- Prepares kitchen plans including equipment schedules
- Demonstrates, through prior work history, the ability to multi task on several projects on a multi-faceted basis.
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Project)
- Minimum 3 – 5 years’ experience Architectural/Design Management experience in the restaurant industry, preferably QSR.
- Working knowledge of Autocad is a must. Working knowledge of Revit is a plus.
- Travel is required and is estimated to be 20% – 30%.
- High School Diploma, Bachelor’s or Associates degree from a four year college or university preferred.
- Excellent written and oral presentations skills.
Company: Checkers & Rally’s
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: St. Petersburg, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A