View All Chevron Corporation JobsChevron Corporation
We are currently seeking high-energy professionals who are customer-focused with sound business acumen and problem-solving skills to join our dynamic organization as a Scheduler. Ideal candidates should be natural team players, eager to learn and grow, and have an eye for innovation and continuous improvement. Chevron provides an outstanding culture, inclusive leadership, career opportunities and the tools for success – you bring the Human Energy™!
Schedulers are responsible for optimizing flow by coordinating pipeline and terminal logistics for commodity movement. You will work closely with trading teams and third-party customers to approve nominations for movement, produce shipping schedules and manage inventory. On-call availability for evening, weekend and holiday scheduling emergencies will be required.
- Analyze data and produce regular reports for the trading team
- Engage with internal and external industry experts and maintain strong relationships and lines of communication
- Collaborate on and communicate operational costs, optimization initiatives and best practice learnings
- Champion incident-free operations and continuous improvements
- Lead day-to-day scheduling and operations for trading teams, including activities such as blending, quality control, loss prevention and forecasting analysis
- Manage nominations for pipeline, marine, rail and/or truck carriers; monitors and executes commodity movement
- Partner with traders to manage physical inventory positions and recommend trade activity based on interactions with third parties
- Monitor pipeline/terminal operations to optimize schedules
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data to draw valid conclusions, identify root causes and solve problems
- Demonstrated strong communication skills, ability to communicate at various levels within the organization
- Demonstrated influencing skills, the ability to work effectively and cooperatively with a diverse team
- Good working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook. A background in SAP would be a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or 5+ years Supply Chain or related experience
- 2+ years of experience in energy, manufacturing, transportation, supply chain and/or finance
- Demonstrated leadership skills with a focus on Operational Excellence and delivering results
- Demonstrated organizing and planning skills
Company: Chevron Corporation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Midland, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A