View All Chevron Corporation JobsChevron Corporation
The Design Engineer plays a key role supporting the Refinery’s mission to operate safely, reliably, predictably, and without incident at the lowest sustainable cost. This involves taking a lead role in understanding and evaluating plant performance, working closely with Operations and Maintenance to establish priorities for the work, and following thru with proactive design and execution of work packages and projects.
- Participate in the planning and execution of unit turnarounds, both planned and unplanned.
- Answer technical inquiries, make technical recommendations, provide equipment and system troubleshooting, improve designs engineering tools, and develop designs engineering procedures.
- Carry out various studies to improve plant safety, reliability, throughput and economics.
- Provide engineering analysis and evaluation of minor capital projects. In some instances, responsible for design, management and execution of minor capital projects.
- Be a role model for the Chevron way and Chevron’s safety culture.
- Technical mentoring of less experienced design engineers.
- Some travel is required.
- Provide engineering support for routine daily operation of process units within the refinery. Support requires collaboration and interpersonal skills necessary to work with operations, maintenance, and technical functions within the global refining system.
- Spend time in the field working with operations and other technical teams to scope/troubleshoot mechanical problems and issues in process plants, develop alternatives, and propose and implement solutions for long term reliability considering the total cost of ownership.
- Develop and manage engineering work orders for projects ranging from repairing a valve to replacing large complex equipment or pressure vessels.
- Develop purchase specifications for engineered mechanical equipment that insures the equipment meets company and industry standards and manage the technical requirements for procuring the equipment.
- A Bachelor’s degree in engineering or 15+ years of relevant industry engineering experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 3+ years of Refinery or Process Plant Engineering experience.
- Experience with industry standards such as API, ASME, ASTM, NBIC
Company: Chevron Corporation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Waco, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A