View All Costco JobsCostco Wholesale
Cuts and trims and prepares raw meat for sale using saws, knifes, grinder, and tenderizer.
- Monitors and assists in preventing spoilage.
- Arrives to work station on time, appropriately groomed, dressed and ready to work; works all scheduled shifts and attends required trainings and meetings.
- Performs opening, mid, and closing duties as assigned; ensures accuracy of signs and pricing.
- Prepares specialty meat merchandise (i.e. sausage, oven ready products, and cured meats).
- Checks product to make sure it meets WFM quality standards.
- Maintains sampling program.
- Cuts, platters, and merchandises products (beef, pork, lamb, veal, poultry).
- Follows and complies, or ensures compliance, with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and safe work practices.
- Maximizes sales potential through effective and proper procedures for prepping, storing, rotating, stocking, and merchandising product.
- Mentors and supports assigned Meat Cutter Trainee(s).
- Provides excellent customer service, addresses needs of customers in a timely and effective manner and models suggestive selling techniques; answers phones and pages promptly and courteously.
- Strong to excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and pulling.
- Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness.
- Extensive knowledge of different cuts and cooking techniques of meat and seafood.
- Capable of accessing information about market conditions and communicating this information to customers.
- Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting, squatting and reaching.
- Excellent cutting skills with the ability to bread product down into sub-primal and retail cuts.
- Exposure to temperatures: <32 degrees Fahrenheit (freezing), 32-40 degrees Fahrenheit (refrigerators), >90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
- Working understanding of Meat team processes and procedures.
- Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable manner to fellow Team Members, customers, and vendors.
Company: Costco Wholesale
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Idaho Falls, ID, US
Application Deadline: N/A