View All Costco Jobs Costco Wholesale
The Costco team is looking for a dedicated and highly skilled Full Stack Engineer with an emphasis on the Frontend Web technologies to join its ECom Automation and Platform team. This Frontend Full Stack Engineer will perform development work including debugging and optimization of JSP based Web application functionality such as Product pages, Search/Browse, Cart/Checkout/Payment and other functionality based on JSP, WebSphere Commerce, WAS on the frontend connecting to MQs, Backend services and Database. The ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to manage the completion of projects that involve OO/UI development. This position will require an individual to design, build, debug, optimize and implement solutions in a fast paced Agile environment participating and working closely with a highly motivated team.
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of emerging technologies to support the development of new solutions.
- Understands the full technology stack and underlying applications, services, and databases in order to ensure optimal performance.
- Increases team proficiency and understanding of distributed application architectures, user interfaces and user experience, quality assurance, security concerns, and business value creation.
- Develops and documents standards and best practices, and mentor junior engineers
- Conducts peer code reviews for the software changes made by other engineers within a team.
- Uses APM/monitoring tools such as Dynatrace/Splunk and browser tools to perform request purepath/waterfall analysis to identify bottlenecks and suggest improvements.
- Adopts engineering best practices to deliver higher quality and scalable solutions.
- Collaborates with team members (e.g., Systems Architects, Systems Analysts) to define project specifications and release documentation for all phases of the product development cycle from product definition to design, through implementation.
- Provides the team with solution recommendations, and estimates for a given product/application.
- Supports Systems Architects with the design of the overall architecture of a specific product/application, applying principles that promote availability, reusability, interoperability and security into the design framework.
- Performs development, debugging, optimization, and automation activities to support the implementation of a product/application.
- Identifies deficiencies within a product / application’s code base and identifies opportunities to improve overall code quality.
- Strong knowledge and experience working with Web Technologies.
- Experience describing the solutions and generating the architecture (Logical, Physical) artifacts.
- Must possess a strong understanding of the software development process.
- Demonstrated ability to execute against iteration plans and deliver assignments within scope, schedule, and budget.
- Experience building and developing business applications.
- Ability to work with all management levels.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and be able to communicate to both technical and Business audiences.
- Must have high integrity, accountability, a positive attitude, and be willing to do what it takes to make the team successful.
- Strong knowledge of object oriented concepts.
Company: Costco Wholesale
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Williston, ND, US
Application Deadline: N/A