View All Costco JobsCostco Wholesale
Protects company assets from internal and external theft. Observes and reports potential safety and security hazards. Investigates, detains suspects, completes reports, cooperates with local law enforcement and testifies in court if necessary. Reports directly to Warehouse Manager.
- Testifies in court concerning theft investigations.
- Detects, identifies and reports possible shrink reduction opportunities within our operations to Management.
- Communicates with other area Costco Loss Prevention Clerks and area businesses to exchange information about current, local theft threats.
- Prepares reports for internal use and for potential prosecution.
- Maintains evidence collected and report files from investigations.
- Observes, detects and reports internal dishonesty to the Warehouse Manager and Regional Loss Prevention Manager for approval to investigate.
- Reports potential internal theft situations to warehouse manager.
- Detains and interviews shoplifters when warranted.
- Teaches and coaches Loss Prevention topics, policies, and procedures to other members of the Warehouse Team.
- Follows and maintains knowledge of Costco procedures and applicable laws in performance of duties. Attends meetings and seminars regarding loss prevention.
- Observes, detects, prevents, and apprehends shoplifters within our locations.
- Walks the warehouse and perimeter up to 8 hours a day to monitor safety and security concerns.
- Knowledge/Skills: Communication, observation, problem-solving skills required.
- Education/Training: High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Licenses/Certifications: Valid Loss Prevention License as required by Province.
- Assists in other areas of the warehouse as necessary.
- Experience: Candidates with Loss Prevention experience will be given preference over other candidates. This should include a strong understanding and knowledge of the Criminal Code of Canada relating to theft and fraud offences, the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, the Trespass act, and Privacy acts.
Company: Costco Wholesale
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Calgary, Alberta, CA
Application Deadline: N/A