Website Costco Wholesale
Frosts and fills cakes using a spatula, decorates and writes messages on cakes using pastry bags and tips, and boxes cakes for sales stock and special order.
- Applies filling between layers and frosts using spatula. Garnishes cakes by hand. Fills pastry bags by scooping mixed frostings from bowls or buckets.
- Slices fresh fruit for application to baked product.
- Removes cheesecakes from baking pans, places on cake pad. Applies topping with spatula. Garnishes per Costco formulas.
- Slices half-sheet cakes by hand using 16” knife or with slicing machine. Places on pre-cut cardboard cake pad for handling.
- Keeps decorating area clean and clear of debris. Follows safety and security procedures.
- Squeezes and twists frosting-filled pastry bags with various tips attached. Creates borders, figures and writing per Costco formulas, patterns and department production procedures. Follows standards for quality and consistency of finished product.
- Assists with other bakery duties as needed.
- Reads member special orders to determine appropriate flavors, colors, decorative pattern and personalized writing for cakes. Telephones member if instructions are unclear.
- Provides prompt and courteous member service.
- Uses whipping cream machine.
- Assembles pre-cut, cardboard cake boxes. Boxes cakes and places on large wheeled rack. Transfers rack to cooler, freezer, or wrapping area.
- Education/Training: High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Licenses/Certifications: Food Safety Certification – Level 1 required first day in the position.
- Assists in other areas of the warehouse as necessary.
- Experience: Candidates with cake decorating experience will be given preference over other candidates.
Company: Costco Wholesale
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mississauga, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A