View All Costco JobsCostco Wholesale
The Analyst Programmer is a highly motivated individual whose main role is to assess the overall business and information needs of the company and then translate these requirements into working solutions, according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes gathering requirements, planning, design, development, testing, deployment and maintenance of computer programs, using a variety of programming languages, platforms and technologies. All duties will be performed while abiding by the Costco Wholesale Code of Ethics and being a steward of the protection of company assets.
- Develop Programs using RPGLE and CLLE on IBM System i (AS/400) environment, following sound software engineering practices.
- Provide support to end users and other areas of the IT department as required, and solve their problems in a timely manner.
- Prepare and execute test plans, applying necessary corrections as soon as issues are found.
- Write user manuals and provide or co-ordinate training to users of a new system.
- Maintain existing programs by fixing problems, proposing improvements or documenting existing functionality as deemed appropriate.
- Create project plans, defining schedules, cost estimates, tests, rollout plans and user acceptance criteria.
- Research available solutions and propose viable alternatives to address the needs.
- Deploy new systems efficiently, with minimum impact to the business.
- Must keep current on new technology and make recommendations on future directions.
- Ad-hoc duties as required.
- This is a full-time position (38 hours per week plus additional extra hours).
- Design the required solution, translating the high level requirements and models into detailed program specifications.
- Evaluate existing systems capabilities, recommend improvements and work with IT infrastructure to implement the enhancements.
- Engage the business and potential users in order to understand the existing needs, and capture the requirements in functional specification documents.
- Manage initiatives across multidisciplinary teams and drive quality, timely and cost-effective results.
- Regular and reliable workplace attendance at your assigned location is a must.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- 3+ years’ experience in software analysis, design, development, testing, deployment and support.
- Ability to prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Experience in retail industry supply chain management is desirable.
- Demonstrable experience at working independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment, performing any or all the activities of the software development life cycle.
- Proficiency in development for IBM i platform (AS/400) and related technologies.
- Able to adjust to different working schedules, and places, and support off-hours work as required, including weekends, holidays, and 24/7 on call responsibilities.
- Experience with IBM MQ and IBM Integration Bus.
- Must be able to approach challenging tasks with a can-do attitude.
Exceptional interpersonal and service skills.
- Exceptional knowledge of IBM AS/400, RPG IV, RPGLE, CLLE, OS/400, DB2/400 and development tools like SDA and RLU.
- Able to travel domestically and internationally.
- Ability to learn fast, multi-task effectively, mentor/coach others, work with minimal supervision and deliver high quality results while adhering to deadlines.
- Database experience, preferably with DB2 and SQL Server.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Experience with change management systems, issue tracking, time tracking, continuous integration and collaboration tools.
- IT graduate or higher with 5 years experience working in IT for a large organisation.
Company: Costco Wholesale
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sydney, New South Wales, AU
Application Deadline: N/A