View All Costco Jobs Costco Wholesale
The Analyst Programmer is a highly motivated individual whose main role is to assess the overall business and information needs of the company and then translate these requirements into working solutions, according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes gathering requirements, planning, design, development, testing, deployment and maintenance of computer programs, using a variety of programming languages, platforms and technologies. All duties will be performed while abiding by the Costco Wholesale Code of Ethics and being a steward of the protection of company assets.
- Design the required solution, translating the high level requirements and models into detailed program specifications.
- Prepare and execute test plans, applying necessary corrections as soon as issues are found.
- Engage the business and potential users in order to understand the existing needs, and capture the requirements in functional specification documents.
- Maintain existing programs by fixing problems, proposing improvements or documenting existing functionality as deemed appropriate.
- Develop Programs using RPGLE and CLLE on IBM System i (AS/400) environment, following sound software engineering practices.
- Manage initiatives across multidisciplinary teams and drive quality, timely and cost-effective results.
- Provide support to end users and other areas of the IT department as required, and solve their problems in a timely manner.
- Write user manuals and provide or co-ordinate training to users of a new system.
- Create project plans, defining schedules, cost estimates, tests, rollout plans and user acceptance criteria.
- Evaluate existing systems capabilities, recommend improvements and work with IT infrastructure to implement the enhancements.
- Deploy new systems efficiently, with minimum impact to the business.
- Research available solutions and propose viable alternatives to address the needs.
- Must keep current on new technology and make recommendations on future directions.
- 3+ years’ experience in software analysis, design, development, testing, deployment and support.
- Experience in retail industry supply chain management is desirable.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Proficiency in development for IBM i platform (AS/400) and related technologies.
- IT graduate or higher with 5 years experience working in IT for a large organisation.
- Experience with IBM MQ and IBM Integration Bus.
- Database experience, preferably with DB2 and SQL Server.
- Exceptional interpersonal and service skills.
- Experience with change management systems, issue tracking, time tracking, continuous integration and collaboration tools.
- Must be able to approach challenging tasks with a can-do attitude.
- Exceptional knowledge of IBM AS/400, RPG IV, RPGLE, CLLE, OS/400, DB2/400 and development tools like SDA and RLU.
- Demonstrable experience at working independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment, performing any or all the activities of the software development life cycle.
- Ability to learn fast, multi-task effectively, mentor/coach others, work with minimal supervision and deliver high quality results while adhering to deadlines.
Company: Costco Wholesale
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Auburn, New South Wales, AU
Application Deadline: N/A