View All Cox JobsCox Communications
The Cox Business Enterprise Sales Manager leads an assigned outside sales team to achieve Cox Business sales goals. Hires, trains, and coaches outside sales and/or retention representatives in the assigned market to ensure that corporate sales and retention strategies are followed and goals are achieved.
The position works in an office setting and assists with customer acquisition, growth, and retention. The role is a key part of a successful and high accountability sales organization. The use of a personal vehicle to travel to customers locations within the system is an expectation of the role.
- Communicates customer concerns, sales opportunities, implementations, and related issues within the sales team, across the local system, and across systems. Recommends and coordinates implementation of solutions with various Cox organizations.
- Leads sales team meetings to coordinate sales efforts and communicate changes in direction, products, policies, expectations, processes, and standards.
- Works with the Manager of Inside Sales to ensure customer leads received from their direct reports are passed to the outside sales representative as appropriate.
- Coordinates and maintains effective working relationships with other Cox Business and Cox Communications departments to ensure high-quality customer service.
- Reviews and approves sales presentations, ROI assessments, commission reports, and other reports developed by outside sales representatives within his/her approval authority.
- Prepares regular expense reports and controls expenses while meeting or exceeding corporate revenue goals and maximizing product margin.
- Ensures that direct deports update all required customer information in a timely fashion.
- Serves as a subject matter expert or advisor on selected customer sales and handles issues escalated by team members.
- Collaborates with CB Marketing Manager to assure that effective planning and coordination between CB Sales and the overall marketing objectives of Cox is maintained.
- Facilitates segment-specific strategic planning to maximize market share and revenue and maximize the potential of the teams account lists. Assigns accounts to appropriate sales channels, and within inside sales, assigns account representatives with consideration to share growth, cost of sale, and client potential.
- Assigns sales goals (quotas plus key sales objectives) and other defined sales metrics for outside sales representatives, based on corporate/regional sales goals for each market.
- Develops appropriate territory structures for geographical and/or vertical markets.
- Develops account forecasts and manages sales team to achieve maximum revenue while maintaining profitability.
- Develops a professional sales culture. Serves as a role model for the sales team in all aspects of the business. Balances the urgency of meeting budget goals with a focus on team success.
- Hires and builds a sales team that has the ability and resources to achieve sales and retention goals.
- Coaches, develops, and manages the performance of the outside sales team to ensure they have the capabilities required to meet targets for revenue growth, service, productivity, quality, and optimization of customer satisfaction within assigned area. Ensures that each Sales Representative is using a consistent sales approach and uncovering the needs of each customer to ensure the Cox Vision and Trusted Provider focus.
- Requires 6 months work experience using Windows-based PCs, Microsoft Office
- Valid drivers license, good driving record, reliable transportation
- Excellent skills in building relationships, building the sales team, business sales skills, champions adaptability, coaches and develops, oral communication, demonstrates business acumen, business advisory skills, business sales skills, continuous learning, making sales operations decisions, PC skills, and promotes accountability in order to work effectively with teams throughout the organization.
- 7 or more years of experience required in related field; 5 or more years of experience required if the candidate possesses a related advanced degree
- 5 years experience in business-to-business consultative sales
Company: Cox Communications
Vacancy Type: Temporary
Job Location: Hutchinson, KS, US
Application Deadline: N/A