View All Cox JobsCox Communications
Cox Business has a unique opportunity for an Account Manager who will retain and grow valuable large accounts (exceeding 100 employees). This position is responsible for selling complex bundled telephony, data, video, and managed cloud solutions to large accounts to meet their business communications needs. The individual in this role will be responsible for maintaining on-going relationships and retaining an assigned base of existing customers by minimizing controllable churn and renewing contracts as well as ensuring customer satisfaction, expanding the customer base, and meeting corporate/regional revenue goals.
- Develops and maintains sales plans for assigned accounts.
- Proactively manages the base of revenue by contacting customers prior to contract expiration for renewal and upsell.
- Refers contact information for a customer or prospect to the appropriate Sales Representative if the sale is not appropriate (e.g. not in assigned segment, customer or prospect is too small).
- Works with Order Entry Specialist to set up orders for installation. Works with Project Manager, Service Delivery, Sales Engineer and/or Sales Support Team to determine appropriate solutions to meet large/complex customer needs and address issues regarding installation or service.
- Assesses the ROI/IRR for prospects who are not currently on the Cox network and forwards the result for approval.
- Prepares regular expense, sales forecasts, and sales activity reports using software designed for that purpose. Manages and maintains required pipeline, win/loss, and forecast data, providing updates as required by management.
- Keeps CRM up to date by recording all activities, transactions, and communications with customers.
- Develops strategies, proposal, and presentations to sell complex bundled voice, data, and video solutions to customers.
- Makes sales presentations to customer decision makers who represent new or incremental sales opportunities. Uses value-based selling techniques to leverage the position of Cox products and to educate and influence customers.
- Negotiates pricing and products with new and existing customers. Ensures that product pricing reflects pricing structures set at the corporate level.
- Serves as main point of contact and ensures customer satisfaction throughout the sales cycle. Develops future business opportunities and gains referrals. Makes frequent contact; maintains in-depth knowledge of customers business, industry, and key competitors; regularly updates needs analysis; customers as required.
- Creates and participates in opportunities to serve as a public representative and image builder of Cox in the local community in order to network and develop and maintain Coxs presence; e.g. promotes and/or attends non-profit events, serves as a member of the Chamber of Commerce and other local councils.
- Generates new sales opportunities; identifies new prospects or new departments/divisions/branches of organizations that are already Cox Business customers by using multiple sources of sales leads and contacts.
- Calls on prospective customers to develop new or expanded sales opportunities and set an appoint to discuss their communication needs, as appropriate.
- Meets with prospective and existing customers to assess their communication needs and estimate the amount of potential new or incremental business the account represents.
- Proactively contacts customers prior to contract expiration and/or responds to customer requests to reduce spending or cancel contracts in order to solve problems, renew contracts and sell additional products and services.
- Requires 6 months work experience using Windows-based PCs, Microsoft Office
- Valid drivers license, good driving record, reliable transportation
- Excellent assignment management, relationship building, business advisory skills, business sales skills, written communication, formal presentation skills, functional competence, high impact communication, continuous learning, results delivered, and sales disposition skills in order to work effectively with teams throughout organization.
- 8 or more years of experience required in related field; 5 or more years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree
- 2 years successful business-to-business outside sales experience preferred with quotas, cold calling; and 1 year telecommunications (telephony, data, and video) sales experience
Company: Cox Communications
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Hutchinson, KS, US
Application Deadline: N/A