View All Cox JobsCox Communications
Responsible for the integrity of the fiber system and network infrastructure from transmitter to subscriber point of service connection according to the Federal and Company specifications including splicing, servicing, repairing and maintaining the Cox Communications Optical Fiber Network.
- Uses approved industry test procedures for path losses and continuity to ensure integrity of fiber system and documents findings.
- Uses proper safety equipment and procedures according to Cox Communications established standards.
- Ensures preventative maintenance is performed on daily by inspecting vehicle and equipment. Reports needed repairs to immediate supervisor using appropriate reporting procedures.
- Provides technical support for the Maintenance and MTC departments as needed.
- Accurately completes all departmental logs, reports and paperwork on a daily basis.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with subscribers, the general public, co-workers, contractors, and other outside contacts
- Provides maintenance for the fiber system by performing Quality Control assessment of enclosures to verify high levels of accuracy on all fiber assignments and labeling of fiber trays for 100% accuracy. Evaluates fiber optics system constructed internally or by outside contractor using Cox Communications Fiber Optic Cable Construction Standards and logs/reports discrepancies for potential rework.
- Maintains a high level of accuracy on all fiber splice assignments worked by performing pre-checks to verify traffic and accurate labeling to maintain fiber birth assignments with 100% accuracy.
- Responds to system outage by diagnosing and repairing fiber system damages utilizing established restoration techniques & processes.
- Excellent collaborative, time management, communication, problem solving, and organizational skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization.
- Ability to drive and operate a bucket truck.
- Ability to drive and pull a trailer.
- Ability to climb and work off of various lengths of extension ladders.
- Valid local Driver’s License with driving record that meets Cox standards.
- HS diploma, GED or relevant work experience
- 1 or more year of experience preferred in related field (Fusion splicing, Field Service, Construction in Telecommunication Field, Field Network/Maintenance, CATV fiber and/or RF experience).
- Requires strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Adobe Writer. Ability to accurately read maps, blueprints and evaluate technical data.
Company: Cox Communications
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Newport News, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A