View All Delta Airlines JobsDelta Air Lines
We are looking for a Machine Learning Engineer who can bring bleeding edge machine learning and optimization models into production together with a highly multi-disciplinary team of data scientist, software development engineers, strategic partners, product managers and subject domain experts. The ML engineer will take models developed by the data scientists and integrate it in with the rest of the company’s platform. This could involve building an API around the model so that it can be served and consumed, and then being able to maintain the integrity and quality of this model so that it continues to serve really accurate predictions. These roles may be located in Atlanta or Minneapolis.
- Ensure a good data flow between database and back-end systems
- Design and implement metrics to verify model and algorithm effectiveness.
- Train and retrain ML models
- Define KPIs and acceptance criteria for model performance in production
- Transform data science protypes and applying appropriate ML algorithms and tools
- Ensure that the Delta methodology, standards and procedures are adopted and implemented
- Take responsibility for ensuring that Machine Learning code, models and pipelines are deployed successfully into production, and troubleshooting issues that arise
- Develop deep learning systems to various use cases based on the business needs
- Ensure that the technical solutions meet the customers’ business goals and that customer satisfaction with the project and conclusion is high.
- Build data APIs and data delivery services that support critical operational and analytical applications for Delta’s internal business operations, customers and partners
- Continuously integrate and ship code into Delta’s on premise and cloud Production environments
- Automate model training and testing and deployment via machine learning continuous delivery pipelines
- This position will partner with Data Scientists and Data Engineers to operationalize models and deliver insights to the business
- Optimizing solutions for performance and scalability
- 5+ years of experience in designing, developing, integrating and running business, big data and/or data science applications
- High School Diploma, GED, or High School Equivalency
- Experience with Spring Framework: Core, Integration, MVC and SpringBoot
- Linux and shell scripting expertise
- Experienced with deploying and managing infrastructures based on Docker, Kubernetes, or OpenStack, and Clouds such as OpenShift, Azure,
- AWS or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience developing, testing and deploying APIs
- Consistently makes safety and security, of self and others, the priority.
- Proficiency with scalable data extraction tools (e.g. Cassandra, MongoDB)
- Experience building applications based on Microservices Architecture
- Knowledge of mining complex data (including structure and unstructured), identifying patterns, and feature engineering
- Proficiency with Python, Java, R, Scala, Spark and/or SAS
- Embraces Diverse people, thinking and styles.
- Experience with design patterns and implementation and deployment AI and/or data science products.
- Knowledge of data engineering and experience with big data
- Proficiency with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Expert familiarity with of a variety of classic and modern machine learning techniques including deep learning, clustering, decision tree, classification, regression and neural network
Company: Delta Air Lines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Atlanta, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A