View All Delta Airlines JobsDelta Air Lines
The Operational Analytics team provides strategic insight through first understanding business processes and second leveraging data and analytics to drive continuous improvement efforts. The Analytics Specialist will be asked to work closely with leaders to develop creative solutions to current business challenges. We are looking for data curious individuals that seek to understand process and can connect with our business partners to leverage data and drive improvement.
Data has transformed the way Delta operates. The Operational Analytics team is the core of the data strategy, focused on designing the future data environment. The team’s mission is to democratize data building and maintain a data structure that facilitates analysis efforts, KPI creation, Monthly Performance Reporting (MPR), report automation, and front-line analysis tools. You’ll be empowered to constantly innovate data architecture to enable more complex analytic techniques like machine learning. For example, you may be asked to create executive reporting and interactive dashboard tools that monitor Delta’s fuel cost, taking the project from source data curation to delivering recommendations to front-line leaders. The Analytics Specialist will
- Practice safety-conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures
- Be independent workers who look for problems to solve and then come up with innovative ideas
- Present findings to Operational Analytics leaders
- Locate and extract data from a variety of sources for use in analysis, models and reporting
- Develop automated reports and analyses with direction from other senior members on the team
- Have a team first attitude with the success of our team and business partners as their top priority
- Enjoy working in a high-profile environment with fluid priorities, ambiguity and extremely aggressive deadlines.
- Consistently makes safety and security, of self and others, the priority
- Be “Do-ers” and are not afraid of failure, but instead learn from each experience and improve
- Embraces diverse people, thinking and styles
- Support process improvement and project management engagements for both individual business units and cross-divisional initiatives
- Aggregate views of data sources into meaningful hierarchies
- Make things happen without frequent management direction and know when to communicate status or escalate issues to their manager, teammates or stakeholders.
- Be intellectually curious, ask questions and speak up when they have an idea
- Must be comfortable working in group and individual settings.
- High School diploma, GED or High School Equivalency
- Successful candidates will have experience with some or all of the following: SQL, SAS, R, Tableau or other database interface tools and languages like Visual Basic, Perl, Python, UNIX or other basic functional programming tools
- 3 years work experience in analysis, information science, data visualization, or other relevant quantitative field preferred.
- Previous experience identifying, cleaning, and structuring new data sources preferred
Company: Delta Air Lines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Orlando, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A