Website Delta Air Lines
As a Ramp Agent, you will work with an innovative team whose common goal is to ensure that our customer’s baggage and cargo arrives safely and on time to drive a positive customer experience. At Delta, our brand is critical to our continued success. As a Ramp Agent, you play a key part in keeping our brand strong by, maintaining professionalism, and exhibiting a positive attitude inside and outside of work. Seasonal Ramp Agents work between 150 and 800 hours per year.
- Practices safety-conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures.
- Safely driving and operating ground equipment such as tugs, belt loaders, and tow tractors in areas of congestion.
- Operate baggage scanners and computers to ensure baggage and cargo are routed correctly to the passenger’s destination.
- Repeatedly lift and load baggage onto carts and ensuring each bag reaches its destination.
- Safeguard cargo, baggage and mail from damage, loss, and weather.
- Safely lift, load, unload, and transport baggage, mail, and cargo to and from aircraft, in addition to being responsible for on-time connections by guiding incoming and departing aircrafts from the gate positions.
- Ability to frequently lift bags or items weighing up to and including 50 pounds.
- Ability to occasionally lift bags or items weighing between 50 and 70 pounds.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Pass a physical ability test.
- Have valid driver’s license.
- Pass a post-offer pre-employment drug test.
- Embraces diverse people, thinking and styles.
- High School diploma, GED or High School Equivalency.
- Pass an extensive post-offer pre-employment background check, including finger printing and a criminal history record check required by federal law.
- Consistently makes safety and security, of self and others, the priority.
Company: Delta Air Lines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Tampa, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A