Website Delta Air Lines
The Aircraft Maintenance Technician (AMT) is a critical TechOps role at Delta. In this role, you will maintain the proper and safe functioning of Delta’s fleet, ensuring customers have an exceptional travel experience. AMTs in the Line classification maintain aircraft, aircraft engines, and aircraft components and avionics systems according to Delta and FAA specifications; perform inspections during assembly of parts and after repair or installation of components; document maintenance procedures including component damage, origin, and condition; and practice safety conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures.
- Reports issues, malfunctions, unusual wear, or damage to appropriate personnel, as required.
- Performs all work activities in accordance with established laws, regulations, standards, safety protocols, and procedures to ensure safety of self and others.
- Inspects completed work to certify that maintenance adheres to standards and procedures, and that aircraft are ready for operation.
- Reviews maintenance records to determine if service and maintenance checks, repairs, and overhauls were performed at prescribed intervals.
- Inspects aircraft or aircraft components, including landing gear, hydraulic systems, tires, and engines for damage, defects, corrosion, or other wear to ensure airworthiness.
- Recommends replacement, repair, or modification of aircraft equipment based on inspection.
- Repairs worn, defective, or damaged parts or components (e.g., damaged gaskets, lines and couplings, cables, and pulleys), using hand tools, gauges, and testing equipment.
- Interprets discrepancies or logs (written or verbal) to understand history and nature of issue, to troubleshoot issue, and to identify required next steps (e.g., fix, defer, replace).
- Researches, reads, and interprets technical manuals and guidelines to perform inspections, installations, repairs, or other work activities.
- Installs, removes, or modifies aircraft structures, systems, or components, following drawings, schematics, charts, engineering orders, and technical publications.
- Must be able to read and write English at a level to comprehend and apply information contained in technical manuals.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule, including rotating/fixed shifts, holidays and weekends.
- Status as a current Delta employee
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
- One year of mechanical experience (outside of educational experience)
- Must be authorized to work in the US.
- Certain duties may require working in confined spaces for a periodic time.
- One year of heavy jet maintenance experience (outside of educational experience)
- Prior work experience in the airline industry
- One year of aircraft maintenance experience (outside of educational experience)
- Must have an FAA Airframe and Power plant license.
- Must be able to pass an extensive background check, drug test and audiogram.
Company: Delta Air Lines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Visalia, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A