Disney Live Entertainment Costuming is seeking candidates for a Project Hire Costumer. The Project Hire Costumer is responsible for bringing costumes to life for the multiple Entertainment offerings on Disney Cruise Line. Candidates should have experience with textiles, garment construction and have strong negotiation and communication skills. This role collaborates with all Entertainment disciplines as well as the Crew Members aboard the Disney Cruise Line ships. The Costumer is also responsible for project and sustainment budgets. This role will travel approximately 25% of the time.
- Source new vendors for materials and finished good, attend trade shows to keep up on the cutting edge of costume production.
- Manage and Mentor Front Line Cast- coaching them through their show responsibilities, while resolving pay issues and supervising their development.
- Monitor show quality through Cast feedback and periodic assessments. Give direction on how to clean costumes, setting up lines, etc.
- Interface daily with Entertainment Show Producers, Directors, Designers, and Entertainment and Costuming crew members.
- Partner with Entertainment and Costuming Operations to ensure costume quality and design is consistently maintained.
- Work with Designer to identify fabrics, trims and all garment accessories factoring in climate, safety, and functionality.
- Coordinate fittings with Entertainment and Workroom personnel.
- Document Costumes and Production process in various formats for history and analysis.
- Demonstrated computer skills in a Windows based environment
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated strong partnering skills
- Proven experience in the Theater, Film or Fashion Industry
- Proven planning and organizational skills
Vacancy Type: Temporary
Job Location: Tampa, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A