Our team within Disney builds services to measure the Customer Experience for Video Playback, in realtime. This means taking high throughput streaming event data generated by our client applications, and creating a user experience to support our analysts who generate insights into the underlying quality of the streaming experience, driving improvement. It requires us to make technical tradeoffs between what we can achieve with the data we can gather, and the requirements from our internal users on a regular basis.
- Deploy and support those services
- Have an influence on the working processes used by your team
- Be a mentor and an example to others in your team and across the organisation.
- Have an influence on the design of your team’s services
- Implement and test those services
- Postgres or any other SQL databases, optimising query performance
- Kinesis or any other streaming data
- Designing / building / operating distributed systems with failover strategies
- Statistical analysis of data
- Scala (particularly functional programming stacks such as scalaz, cats-effect and zio)
- Middle tier / web services
- Monitoring and optimising applications written for the Java Virtual Machine
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Manchester, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A