The rapidly growing Disney Streaming Services Platform Product team is seeking an experienced and passionate Product Manager with technical depth, product intuition, and entrepreneurial spirit to develop tools and services to manage data privacy and regulatory compliance at scale for Disney+, ESPN+, and other Disney direct-to-consumer products.
You will be responsible for owning the long-term vision for your product area, as well as conceptualizing and building products that deliver against that vision along the way. You will work closely with our Engineering, Data Governance and Legal teams to ensure we holistically consider the regulatory environment and market landscape around privacy—and you will have a global impact, building experiences across the Disney Streaming Services ecosystem and informing the company’s values and standards for privacy.
You will help ensure all our solutions are executed in a privacy-compliant way while staying abreast of all applicable data protection and privacy laws, including EU General Data Protection Regulation ( GDPR ), burgeoning US regulatory policies, or industry-led policies. You will partner cross-functionally to put an appropriate compliance framework in place to ensure we’re developing and deploying products, infrastructure and policies that adhere to our leading privacy-first practices. This role will also lead the definition, launch, roll-out, and ongoing improvement of these solutions with responsibility for guiding feature development.
- Heavily utilize technical depth, data insights, market and customer research, and your product intuition to continually improve your products.
- Actively listen to, read, and comprehend stakeholder issues, concerns, and requirements
- Clearly and concisely present complex problems and solutions to stakeholders using oral and written communication channels.
- Actively use your top-notch listening and presentation skills and crisp oral and written communications to uncover new areas of opportunity, drive effective debate and decisions, and provide clarity and context to both partners and internal stakeholders
- Define and track privacy metrics.
- Sit at the intersection of Law, Policy, Business, and Engineering.
- Define product requirements that factor in user needs and pain points, legal requirements, the policy landscape, and business strategy.
- Develop a short-term roadmap and long-term vision for the Privacy Platforms product area.
- Build the vision for and deliver a suite of internal APIs and a Privacy-as-a-service platform that makes it easy for all of Disney Streaming Services current and future apps to add privacy.
- Align and motivate stakeholders in Legal, Data Governance, Product, and Engineering on a product-level mission and roadmap that builds trust with our users.
- Confidence and comfort working with a high degree of autonomy, in a fast-paced, customer-first, and software-as-a-service environment.
- Consistent record of successfully working with both engineers, designers, legal and operational team, and communicating effectively both horizontally and vertically.
- Excellent analytical abilities with strong user empathy and awareness motivated by qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- Able to synthesize user data and customer research into actionable product insights
- Strong technical literacy with an excellent grasp of the engineering challenges and core technologies that drive a media business.
- Extensive prior Product Management experience.
- Experience in and around the areas of customer privacy and compliance is crucial for this role.
- Mastery in working cross-organization; negotiating and managing conflict to win over partners.
- Strong communicator with the ability to moderate based on audience and demonstrate an ability to partner with a range of cross-cultural and cross-functional partners.
- Possess a strong servant-leader mindset, consider product development a team sport, and are comfortable leading without authority.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bristol, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A