Website Dogs Trust
Provide the highest levels of care and welfare management to dogs in the rehoming centre; working towards preparing them for rehoming and ensuring the most suitable home is found for each dog.
Working within Dogs Trust’s Standard Operating Procedures and health & safety guidelines and deliver excellent customer service to ensure suitable forever homes are found for the dogs in our care.
Provide the utmost care and welfare to dogs in the centre through undertaking a number of key activities. These will include, but are not exclusive to:
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures and health and safety guidelines to maintain the cleanliness of kennels to the highest standards including cleaning and disinfecting animal accommodation, drains, exercise areas, food preparation areas, laundry and outside areas.
- Ensure positive welfare for each dog through play, enrichment, exercise, socialisation and training.
- Prepare food and water for each dog in your care.
- Groom dogs as necessary.
- Keep thorough records of each animal using kennel diaries, kennel boards, computer systems and other documentation in accordance with procedures and data protection legislation.
- Carry out daily health checks and report any physical changes to the centre’s veterinary team/management.
- A positive and proactive attitude and willingness to work with members of the public, staff and volunteers.
- Hard working, enthusiastic and a team player.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (verbal and written).
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Reliable and flexible
- Able to work on own initiative and have good judgement to escalate issues or seek guidance as appropriate.
- A knowledge of dogs and their welfare requirements
- A good understanding of the importance of great customer service, ideally with experience of providing excellent customer care
- Administrative skills, including use of MS Office and computerised systems
- Commitments to the aims and objectives of Dogs Trust
- Ability to travel, including staying away from home on occasion, for training, meetings and conferences.
- Full, clean manual UK driving licence and confident driving a variety of vehicles
Company: Dogs Trust
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Leeds, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A