- We have disrupted the way people travel since we started 25 years ago and, in recent times, have faced the biggest disruption in our history, but we are back flying and want you to come and join us. We carry more than 96 million passengers annually, over 1000 routes across 36 countries. We lead the industry in data, digital, web, engineering and operational innovations, to make travel more easy and affordable for our passengers. We take sustainability seriously, and we are the first major airline to operate net-zero carbon flights across the whole of our network.
- Provide technical leadership and support within the team, including mentoring more junior members of the team.
- Support the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including analysis, design, development, testing, deployment and production support. Ensure compliance with the SDLC including architectural and security standards.
- Develop good relationships with key stakeholders across easyJet, in particular with the Yield Management Team.
- Ensure technical governance and appropriate standards are applied across all work.
- Identify and assess new technologies and frameworks. Provide recommendations as appropriate that will benefit the team and/or easyJet.
- Deliver high quality, cost-effective software solutions within the Revenue Management System (RMS) eco-system, in line with easyJet standards and best practices.
- Demonstrate a culture of quality within the team to ensure deliverables are well documented, tested and operate to any agreed non-functional criteria (e.g. performance).
- Assist with production support activities, including incident and problem management.
- Understand Agile software development practices including Kanban and DevOps.
- Identify risks, issues and dependencies and escalate as required.
- Assist in understanding end user requirements and documenting process flows.
- Keep up to date with knowledge of current software development trends and innovation in the IT industry that could be beneficial to easyJet’s strategy.
- At least 4 years demonstrable experience in developing solutions using Microsoft .NET technologies including C#, WCF, WPF and SQL.
- Experience of developing solutions in a high transactional, high availability environment.
- Experience of working with Version Control Software (Team Foundation Server preferred).
- Experience of working with relational databases (MS SQL Server 2012 preferred).
- Demonstrable experience of providing a level of technical leadership within development teams – both in solution design and technical implementation
- Familiarity with SDLC models, especially Agile methods and successfully driving improvements in this area.
- Experience of working in a Continuous Delivery environment beneficial.
- Experience of working with Visual Studio and the Microsoft .NET Framework (Visual Studio 2013 / .NET Framework 4 preferred).
- Experience of testing at all levels, including Test Driven Development (TDD) and Behaviour Driven Development (BDD).
- Evidence of being able to take business requirements into technical implementations.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience of Continuous Integration environments and tooling (JetBrains TeamCity preferred).
- Experience of Inversion of Control (IOC) frameworks (Autofac preferred).
- Experience of working with MSMQ
- Experience of working with micro service architectures
- Experience of other third-party frameworks/technologies (REST, Top Shelf, Sci Charts, Dev Express preferred).
- Experience of creating NuGet packages
- Demonstrable experience with front-end development
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A