- We have disrupted the way people travel since we started 25 years ago and, in recent times, have faced the biggest disruption in our history, but we are back flying and want you to come and join us. We carry more than 96 million passengers annually, over 1000 routes across 36 countries. We lead the industry in data, digital, web, engineering and operational innovations, to make travel more easy and affordable for our passengers. We take sustainability seriously, and we are the first major airline to operate net-zero carbon flights across the whole of our network.
- Accountable to identify, mitigate or resolve technical risks within the solution, ensuring any risks or issues are clearly communicated and managed.
- Keep up to date with knowledge of current software development trends and innovation in the IT industry that could be beneficial to EasyJet’s strategy.
- Provide technical expertise, code reviews and ensuring consistency and conformity to agreed software engineering standards.
- Accountable for the development of new and existing solutions within the easyjet digital platforms estate to best practice and industry standards.
- Active contributor to the cross functional scrum team and agile ceremonies.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Understands and respects team dynamics
- Analytical with excellent attention to detail.
- Proactive and highly organized, with strong time management and planning skills. Able to meet tight deadlines and remain calm and focused under pressure.
- Personable, approachable, highly self-motivated and driven. Ability to solve problems quickly and completely.
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to mentor and coach junior members of the team
- Able to influence and lead the development team to build the right solution
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience of working with Cloud preferably AWS
- Familiar Experience of working with AMQP based message brokers
- Good understanding of synchronous and asynchronous messaging concepts
- Experience of using net core
- A Software Craftsmanship mindset
- In-depth understanding of HTTP protocol and REST standard principles
- Good understanding of network and infrastructure concepts
- At least 4 years demonstrable experience in developing solutions using Microsoft .NET technologies including C#,
- ASP.NET (Web API), Web Services, IIS and SQL Server
- Solid understanding of full SDLC
- Experience of testing at multiple levels, including Test Driven Development (TDD) and Behavior Driven
- Development (BDD).
- Experience of development in an Agile environment and adheres to the value and principles of agile software delivery
- Experience of working with N Service Bus and MSMQ
- Experience of developing solutions in a high transactional, high availability environment at enterprise scale.
- Practical and in depth knowledge of code and database refactoring techniques
- Exposed to organization applying DevOps principles and understanding its impact
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Manchester, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A