View All Expedia Jobs Expedia
- Would you like to build one of the most critical systems that power all our brand experiences? Are you an engineer looking to showcase your ability to build highly scalable systems with the latest technologies? If so, the Search team might be the right team for you. We are building our next generation search platform with industry-leading capabilities that power our brands. This platform is central to how the travel market operates, and this team is responsible for its development and upkeep. As a team member, you will be looking at the big picture and taking end-to-end ownership to ensure that we are providing the best solutions and outcomes for our customers. As a Senior Engineer, you will be in a leadership role building sort and ranking capabilities in our new Search platform, mentoring others, working directly with partners, and ensuring that we are continually improving. This team works in an agile environment focused on outcomes and delivering value as we offer new capabilities and quickly integrate them into our production systems.
- Develop scalable, highly available, and reliable micro-services with high throughput in the tens of thousands of requests per second with low latency. Many of these systems are machine-learning-driven.
- Developing solutions with real-time data, cached data, and data at rest will allow us to meet the demanding SLAs and work closely with data scientists to optimize our solutions. All of these solutions will be designed for and built in the cloud.
- You will own the continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) while utilizing Agile methodologies.
- You will have the opportunity to participate in exciting global company hackathons and various career building courses with co-workers of all levels of expertise.
- Work with brand partners on a scalable integration patterns to access our core systems
- Develop a smart service layer that will allow for in-session personalization based on user behavior and data
- Develop core capabilities that enable features and APIs that will drive our business through real-time feedback loops.
- Develop new capabilities to our learning systems that will enable new features and improve experiences
Qualification & Experience:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Spring Boot, and Kubernetes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to work well with in and across the teams
- You enjoy guiding and learning from your co-workers
- Able to break down complex problems and drive towards solutions, demonstrating your team along the way.
- Experience ope-rationalizing machine learning models in with high throughput and low latency.
- 5+ years previous experience building highly available and scalable systems.
- Strong experience in Java and/or Kotlin programming languages
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Miami, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A