Website Farmers Insurance
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world.
- Establishes damages and negotiates settlement of claims with repair facilities or other carriers.
- Completes vehicle inspections and prepares estimate or reviews and adjusts estimates from repair facilities and subrogation demands using claims estimating software and determines claims related damage.
- This includes parts availability and appropriate repair scheduling.
- Confirms accuracy of total loss evaluation, explains the process and settles total loss claims when appropriate.
- Communicates and collaborates with Claim Owners to facilitate claim resolution for customers.
- Confirms accuracy of Total Loss evaluations and negotiates settlement with customers or their representative.
- Obtains total loss salvage release from policyholder or claimant and completes field clearing note before assigning to Salvage department, mitigating additional salvage storage costs. Interacts/collaborates directly with policyholders, claimants, agents, and other representatives including repair facilities.
- Explains damages and the repair process, and sets expectations.
- Effectively collaborates with claim owners for customer interaction and resolution strategy.
- May be assigned as a Claim Owner on Tier 1 claims.
- Manages repair process and adjusts auto repair supplements and manages rental.
- Appropriate communication with all entities associated with the claim to ensure the repairs are completed efficiently.
- Establishes damages and negotiates settlement of claims with repair facilities and/or customers and works with them to manage repairs and rental. Reviews and resolves supplements.
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Basic negotiating skills. Basic interpersonal and communication skills. Basic computer skills. Automotive repair knowledge preferred. Basic conflict resolution skills. Basic critical thinking skills. Actively pursuing I-CAR Platinum designation and technical learning – Preferred
Company: Farmers Insurance
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dallas, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A