View All FedEx JobsFedEx
- The Inventory Control Clerk is responsible for maintaining accurate records of inventory. The Inventory Control Clerk handles all paperwork and procedures necessary to meet this goal. They verify all orders received and shipped and ensure that the orders are properly accounted for in the company’s records. The Inventory Control Clerk accounts for all defective or damaged products and follows with appropriate corrective action.
- Perform weekly cycle counts and make system adjustments as necessary.
- Develop a program to audit returns and move returned product to its proper location.
- When necessary, process proper documentation to generate a prompt credit transaction. Take appropriate action on product that is not in saleable condition.
- Plan and implement a recoup program to ensure all damaged/defective product(s) is accounted for and properly handled by dumping, salvaging, or returning to stock.
- Maintain records to accurately track-recouped product and return saleable product to stock.
- Supervise the inventory quality and accuracy assurance programs, including weekly and monthly reports.
- Maintain and update inventory records.
- Create efficient and accurate inventory management procedures. Perform all daily activities necessary to maintain effective inventory management procedures.
- Reconcile inventories to book records and make adjustments when necessary.
- Coordinate the annual physical inventory procedures. In conjunction with the Assistant Operations Manager, implement a loss prevention program approved by Corporate Loss Prevention Team.
- Make recommendations to the Assistant Operations Manager on programs to improve the management of inventory.
- Conduct as necessary, any search to locate products within the system.
- Adjust records when there are discrepancies between actual product and records. Take steps to correct and prevent discrepancies.
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 10 hours per day.
- Ability to intermittently crawl, squat, climb, twist, bend, stoop, push or pull.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift/carry items less than 50 pounds.
Qualification & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- One (1) year of experience involved in performing work in a warehouse that requires the use of various warehouse practices
- Knowledge of inventory management procedures and general warehousing terminology and practices
- Skills in mathematics, personal computers, and related applications are vital
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer service driven
- Strong team player
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Tupelo, MS, US
Application Deadline: N/A