View All FedEx JobsFedEx
- The Field Engineer provides engineering plans, complex and in-depth analyses, tools, and improvements to field operations. Leads department and cross-functional projects by identifying process improvements and enhancements. Serves as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Field Engineering.
- Develops and updates engineering plans based on forecasted volume, contingency plans, and historical data.
- Analyzes and documents existing processes and large, multi-faceted data sets. Identifies opportunities for improvement and recommends and acts on solutions.
- Prepares cost benefit analysis for technology improvements by conducting detailed quantitative and qualitative analysis to determine the feasibility of purchasing new operations equipment; presents analysis to senior management.
- Leads, trains, and monitors the rollout of new programs for Corporate.
- Applies project management fundamentals and concepts for multiple concurrent projects. Creates and publishes progress reports, meeting minutes, memos, and presentations for management review.
- Reviews and compares daily service analysis to previous day activities, develops customized reports for analysis (e.g., root cause analysis) for continuous improvements using engineering principles, and communicates solution(s), operational issue(s), and enhancement(s) to field management.
- Mentors and develops critical skill sets in lower level engineers.
- Conducts observations and makes recommendations to managers on methods to increase productivity and decrease damages.
- Prepares accurate expenditure proposals and/or cost justification analysis. Monitors expenditures to ensure spending is applied and within budget guidelines. Assists with developing project budgets.
- Monitors staffing plan and modifies engineering plans to meet productivity goals.
- Leads and/or participates in high profile special projects.
- Performs various analyses on cost reductions through the utilization of sound engineering principles resulting in productivity and quality enhancements.
- Researches and analyzes technical or engineering related information independently. Creates development plan and presents plan information to management.
- Trains managers on engineering principles, methods, and procedures.
- Leads operations, Corporate Engineering department and/or cross-functional projects (e.g., Quality Driven
- Management (QDM)).
- Analyzes performance data within field of specialization. Recommends procedures updates.
- Formulates and presents document research, progress, and results. Interacts with team members, customers, and senior management.
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Qualification & Experience:
- In lieu of degree, high school diploma or GED and 8+ years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and 6+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience in an industrial or warehouse operation including demonstrated examples of concept, designing and/or implementing process improvements to safety, quality or productivity metrics.
- Teamwork skills in resolving problems, discussing issues, and communicating potential solutions and results to wage employees as well as upper management.
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office and other related systems.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, teammates, customers, and the general public.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Manhattan, KS, US
Application Deadline: N/A