View All FedEx JobsFedEx
- The Business Development Executive is a direct selling position responsible for all aspects of the sales process for assigned accounts which may be new or existing customers. The Business Development Executive is responsible for signing new business within a given industry vertical for both new customers and select existing customers. The Business Development Executive identifies key trends by industry vertical and region to determine new sales opportunities. For existing customers, the Business Development Executive is responsible for documenting and driving an account growth strategy.
- Prospecting and lead generation within assigned group of target customers through proactive networking and leveraging existing relationships within the broader FedEx enterprise.
- Manage the proposal and presentation process.
- Partner with teammates in other functions and operating companies to develop and document account strategies for assigned customers.
- Directly lead the sales effort for the Company, including evaluation of account interest, presentation of services, development of the proposal for services and final presentation.
- Utilize established processes and tools and ensure all data is accurate and up-to-date.
- Developing the sales strategy for the deployment of the Company’s services to customer opportunities within an industry vertical.
- Collaborate across functional areas in development of solutions, proposals, and pricing models. This includes attending sales calls to further define the opportunity and develop the value proposition for account closure.
- Actively collaborate with Sales teammates in other operating companies who interact with the same target customers.
- Provide leadership for sales to the Company by continuously energizing the effort for moving new potential customers through the sales cycle in a professional, passionate, and engaging manner.
- Lead the qualification process of new accounts through direct customer solicitation. Responsibility includes qualification services, the identification of target opportunities, and the management of the process for qualifying opportunities. .
- Provide weekly reporting on all accounts in stages for new business development. Identify the work to be provided by the Company’s team to ensure proposals, account sales strategy, and proposal presentations are generated professionally and provide an excellent opportunity for account award.
Qualification & Experience:
- Strategic planning and sales management skills.
- Strong team player.
- Customer service driven.
- Strong communication skills to include oral, written and listening. These communication skills also require the ability to ask appropriate questions, overcome objections and lead the customer to solutions that provide great value and can be provided by the Company.
- Initiative, innovation and strong work standards.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop effective customer and employee relationships.
- Proven ability within logistics, operations, customer service, and project management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred and 8 years of supply chain / 3PL sales experience. In lieu of degree, high school diploma or GED and 10 years of relevant experience.
- Successful experience selling solutions across industry verticals to customers of varying size and complexity.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Oakland, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A