View All Ford Motor Company JobsFord Motor Company
As part of our Manufacturing team, you’ll help build the world-class, state-of-the-art smart vehicles the world expects from us. Within our plants around the world, we’re constantly developing new technologies and processes to further increase our efficiency. That means we’re continually seeking diligent, determined performers who think outside the box to help us find better and more efficient ways to manufacture our vehicles.
- Apply engineering principles and analytical
techniques to establish and continuously improve manufacturing processes and
- Implement interim and permanent corrective actions
to resolve quality issues using 8D tool, 6-panel, etc.
- Identify sources of variation within a production
environment effectively and efficiently.
- Support expedited concern resolution with cross-functional
teams including the Quality Dept, Production, and Suppliers.
- Review incoming quality concerns to maintain
quality within Body Area and initiate containment as necessary, determining
root cause and implementing corrective actions.
- Ability to work any shift, as well as rotating shifts and weekends
- Assess joining feasibility through Global Product Development System milestones
- Apply knowledge of welding processes, procedures, equipment, and evaluation techniques to deliver weld quality objectives.
- Implement weld certification strategy during
launch and product or process change events.
- Lead weld inspection team.
- Develop weld control plans and enforce
- High school diploma/Ged and 5 or more years of experience as a weld engineer in an industrial weld environment
- One or more years’ experience in Microsoft Office products to include (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook)
- Bachelor’s degree in welding engineering AND Three or more years of welding and joining experience in a manufacturing environment
Company: Ford Motor Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A