Website General Motors
WarehouseTeam Members are hardworking and ambitious workers who are responsible forpicking, packaging, staging,andshipping partsfromaGeneral MotorsLLCwarehouse containing automotive parts.Team members are also loading, unloading, stocking, and maintaining the warehouse inventory. Each team memberoperates withina warehouse team environment whereGlobal ManufacturingSystem (GMS) principlesare highly integrated.
- Perform a variety of duties, including:
- Packagefinished product for shipping (shrink wrapping, boxing, and labeling).
- Stage parts of loading.
- Load finished products onto truckand/or railcar.
- Move parts to warehouse for storage.
- Sort andplace materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence.
- Read, comprehend,and follow written, standardizedwork instructionsand trained procedures.
- Work cooperatively with others in a team environment.
- Learn new tasks and adapt to frequent job duty changes as required by business and manpower demands.
- Complete tasks within designated timeframes to meetoperationalexpectations.
- Work in a dynamic and fast-pacedwarehousingplant environment.
- Regularly report for work on time to support startup and throughput goals.
- Possess good physical stamina andcoordination.Specific physical requirements of the position includethe ability to:
- Walk and standfor prolonged periodsof time.
- Read standardized work instructions, operate machines, equipment,and tools, and perform qualitychecks.
- Promptly detectand respond tosafetyinstructions,alarms,and signals.
- Must be able to satisfactorily complete the General Motors hiring process requirements which includehair drug testing and a background check
- At least 18 years of age
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Good English proficiency to listen, read, and follow work and safety instructions
- Must be willing to work flexible shift hours and day, afternoon, or night shift as well asovertime hours on those shifts with little notice
Company: General Motors
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Philadelphia, PA, US
Application Deadline: N/A