Website General Motors
Warehouse workers are responsible for picking and shipping parts from a General Motors warehouse containing automotive parts. This includes staging, loading, unloading, stocking and maintaining the warehouse inventory.
- Move parts to warehouse for storage
- Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code
- Operate within standard operating procedures (SOS/JES), maintaining quality, safety, and productivity standards by adhering to the principles of the GMS-Global Manufacturing System
- Must be able to work in fast paced constantly changing environment
- Report for work on time to support startup and throughput goals
- Understand, support and execute all work in safe manner and contribute to a culture that promotes safety as its overriding priority
- Operate warehouse equipment in connection with the receipt, storage and shipping of parts (sit down/ stand up fork truck, order selector). These vehicles could operate at heights of up to 35 feet.
- Package finished product for shipping (shrink wrapping, boxing, labeling)
- Stage parts for loading
- Load finished product onto truck and/or railcar
- Unload parts from truck and/or railcar
- At least 18 years of age
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Candidates must be willing to work flexible shift hours and day, afternoon, or night shift as well as overtime hours on those shifts with little notice.
- Must be able to satisfactorily complete the General Motors hiring process requirements which includes a comprehensive assessment, hair drug testing, and a background check.
Company: General Motors
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Minneapolis, MN, US
Application Deadline: N/A