As a Multi District Security Manager, you are responsible for supporting the Sales & Profit in your districts by setting a security plan to deliver the Best Customer Experience in line with your District’s goals and Country Security focuses.
Acting as a leader with strong knowledge-based approach, you support the stores and District Team’s to enable the Best Teams from a security perspective based on results, values, and leadership.
You support the Districts by effectively and efficiently ensuring the delivery (with the lowest possible long-term cost) of Security Services and Green Standard achievements for the H&M Group. You work in accordance with legal requirements and H&M Global standards, policies and procedures to meet the expectations of customers and colleagues for all brands.
Acting as a leader with strong knowledge-based approach, you empower the Store and District Teams to raise risk awareness. You build a better performing customer centric organization that makes risk-based decisions. You work with talent and development based on results, values, and leadership to have the right people in the right place with the right competences
- Promote a positive feedback culture
- Educate District Teams on all security aspects
- Overview of cost performance within districts based on actual vs budget including forecasting
- Responsible for developing and executing improvement plans to meet forecast and budget
- Drive for improvements and innovation together with external service providers during our quarterly vendor review
- Identify opportunities within Workers Comp and General Liability, taking cross functional collaboration with appropriate stakeholders to minimize accidents.
- Identify opportunities within security reports and collaborate cross functionally to maximize profit and minimize loss.
- Educate leadership throughout our offices and stores on H&M Group Code of Ethics
- Partnership with District Human Resources and District Sales Managers to identify, develop and manage future security talent through succession planning
- Coordinates and manages local crisis situations in partnership District Sales Manager when they arise
- Establish cross functional collaboration at the Country Support Office and within the Regional Teams
- Communicate clearly and in an inspiring way about business performance and goals
- Partnership with District Sales Managers & District Teams to secure & promote a health and safety culture in stores
- Support District Human Resources & Store Management Teams to monitor the completion of all Health, Safety and Security related trainings in GROW (Learning Management System)
- Execute future initiatives and projects within your Districts with partnership of all stakeholders.
- Perform yearly risk assessment, implement mitigation plans and follow up throughout the year to build healthy, safe and ethical working environments.
- Ensure Store/Property Green Standard Audit planning, execution, and follow up.
- Ensure clear timelines and plans for executing projects (new store/rebuild/closures) with all stakeholders within the project management scope for all brands.
- Responsible to acknowledge and process work order requests within a timely manner
- Ensure Security operations according to the H&M Global Security Strategy and the agreed Service Scope for all brands.
- Assists with planning, training & implementation of special projects (Security Training, Store openings, Inventory, IT, etc.)
- Develop the Security budget together with the Regional Security Manager and Security Controller on scheduled and reactive work and planned activities (press event, designer, etc.).
- Setting strategic plans to achieve H&M Security goals based on relevant KPI’s.
- Ability to identify internal and external risk, implement mitigation routines and analyze accident data for potential safety concerns
- Strong cognitive skills including problem analysis, decision making and strong quantitative analysis
- Excellent communication skills, ability to articulate information in all formats
- Wicklander and Zulawski interview and interrogation techniques
- On call for all store incidents, nights, weekends (Break-ins, weather, alarms, civil unrest activities, etc.)
- Valid Driver’s license
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in a safety related field, or equivalent working experience
- Minimum of 2 years as an H&M Store Manager or comparable external experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong professional maturity and the ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information
- Experience leading and managing a team
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations
- Strong communication, teamwork, analysis, judgment and customer focus skills
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
Application Deadline: N/A